So you are interested in growing hemp in Ireland but you have no idea how you go about the process.
This page will explain the steps anyone in Ireland must go through to obtain a license. HPRA (Health Products Regulatory Authority) are currently the only governing body that can issue a license to grow hemp, if you have been in contact with any other organisation that have granted you a license this may not be a legitimate license to grow hemp.
Doing your due diligence is important, we do not want to see any farmers taken advantage of when applying for a license.
To obtain your license you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org, they will respond by asking you a number of questions these questions will include, but are not limited to the following;
• Personal information of the applicant
• Company registration documentation
• Specific identification of the lands for cultivation, including Ordnance Survey Maps
• Authorisation for making Confidential Enquiries by the Gardaí
• Security arrangements
• Specific details of the seeds, including certification (a copy of the labels supplied must also be returned following seeding)
• Information on the suppliers
• Information on the end use of the crop
HPRA will ask for this information before sending a copy of the application from for the license. We advise that when you send your first email to email@example.com that you ask for the application and also include the answers for the above questions.
If you have any questions regarding answering any of the above questions please feel free to contact us.